Re: FWD: An ugly job incident (long)

Subject: Re: FWD: An ugly job incident (long)
From: ""Renée L. LaPlume"" <rlaplume -at- RORKE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 10:18:44 -0500

>Questions:
>
>Do you think I was wrong to throw away notes and old edited documents?
No, but in retrospect (considering the shaky relationship with your
"manager") it might have been better to dump the huge pile o' paper, along
with diskette backups of what you took off your hard drive, onto her desk
and have *her* sort through them and decide what to keep/toss. ;)

>Have any of you had something similar happen, like being accused of
>stealing?
No.

>Do you think I have legal recourse if I don't receive my severance?
If it were me in this situation, I would at least contact and
discuss this with a good lawyer with experience in employment law.
Maybe you could ask your lawyer to draft a letter to the company
requesting to know the status of your severence. It seems (to me)
like you shouldn't have to wait to see if the check arrives or not to
know whether you can expect to receive it.

>Is this a clear case of defamation of character?
Ask your lawyer. ;)

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
Renée L. LaPlume
Rorke Data, Inc. - Software Services Division

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000