Re: An ugly job incident (long)

Subject: Re: An ugly job incident (long)
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 08:41:47 -0700

Anon wrote:
> Questions:
>
> Do you think I was wrong to throw away notes and old edited documents?

YES! Old notes and documents are the property of your employer. You created
the notes on company time, doing company business. If you wanted a copy for
yourself - well that is debatable. But deleting old documents from the
server, and throwing away old documents, friend, you don't have a leg to
stand on.

> Have any of you had something similar happen, like being accused of
> stealing?

Nope.

> Do you think I have legal recourse if I don't receive my severance?
> Is this a clear case of defamation of character?

Legal recourse?!

Defamation of character?!

You admitted to the crime!

You be lucky if this don't dog you and keep you from ever getting hired as a
TW again!

I would gladly hire a mediocre worker, but I have got to trust the person.

Without trust - you ain't got nothing.

If I ever checked references and the reference said: They were a great
technical writer, but they deleted documents from the server just before
they were laid off."

Woo Nellie!, you can guess the outcome...

My opinion - join the French Foreign Legion.

--Barry

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=