Re: JavaHelp vs. HTML Help in a Java Application

Subject: Re: JavaHelp vs. HTML Help in a Java Application
From: Kelly Williamson <webcrafts -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 16:13:42 -0400

Hi Eric,

I would definitely recommend buying _The Official Microsoft HTML Help
Authoring Kit_. There is a chapter devoted to HTML Help on Other Platforms
and it describes working with the HTML Help Java Applet. From that
book.....following are the features not available when using the Applet:

implicit keyword index (though it does support explicit)
popup topics (other methods available)(I haven't seen it work in the ActiveX
version)
tripane window (but you just do this w/framesets)
window types
information types
ALink index
full text search (could use something else)
HTML Help API

But the really good stuff is available (ToC, explicit keyword index).
Anyway, great book and the Author (Steve Wexler) is the founder and
president of WexTech (makers of Doc-to-Help).

See ya,
Kelly Williamson
kelly -at- williamson -dot- net
Image Online Services