Re: FWD: Ethical Problem

Subject: Re: FWD: Ethical Problem
From: Mark Baker <mbaker -at- OMNIMARK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 10:45:16 -0400

Name withheld upon request wrote

>SO, having had some time to further process this, I've decided that
>today I'm going back in to the boss...for a one-on-one. What I will say
>is to explain how his behavior has damaged the ego of our talented, but
>impressionable young team member, and that I EXPECT HIM TO MAKE AMENDS
>TO HER ASAP ( maybe a new letter and a heart-felt apology?).
>
>IF he refuses, I plan to take it to the Director.
>
>Should I start polishing up my resume?
>
>Please advise.

Before meeting with your boss, meet with your human resources
representative. They should help you get some perspective on the issue and
should be equipped to help your young colleague. This meeting will also
allow you to gauge the level of support you are likely to find for your
position within the company, which will help you to judge whether or not to
polish up your resume.

---
Mark Baker
Manager, Technical Communication