RH 5.5 compiler problems

Subject: RH 5.5 compiler problems
From: EJS Elizabeth Simeral <EJS -at- MACOLA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 11:55:26 -0400

Here is a problem I began experiencing yesterday. I have four or five known
errors in my map file (HH file). When I compile my project, Robohelp is not
creating an .ERR file listing those errors and not showing me those errors
in the help compiler window. Has anyone else experienced something like
this -- the compiler not creating an error file?

A co-worker is experiencing a different problem. The compiler is generating
a list of errors for duplicate topic IDs in the map file (HH file). After
reviewing the map file, we have determined that there are no duplicate topic
IDs in the map file. We have removed the map file from the project and
imported it again and get the same errors. Any suggestions on this?

We are both using RoboHELP 5.5, Word97, and Windows95 on our local drives.

Thanks for your help.

Elizabeth Simeral
Documentation Manager
ejs -at- macola -dot- com