Re: Permission Release Form

Subject: Re: Permission Release Form
From: "Katherine Enos (Macrosearch Inc)" <a-kateno -at- MICROSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 11:12:26 -0700

Most standard photo releases include references to all media. And just so
that you don't have to go back and get a separate release later, I would
recommend having a release that allows you publication rights in all media.
If there is an issue about using the image in more than one type of media
you can always adapt your release for that special case.

You can get whole books of releases accommodating different situations at
good photography supply stores that stock books on the field. You might also
consider subscribing to the Photoforum list on the Internet. There are lots
of people on that list who keep on top of the legal issues involved in
securing model releases.

Katherine

____________________________

Barbara Long asked:

Here at WVNET (the West Virginia Network) we are busy working on
creating new web guidelines for our external "official" website. The
one thing we are currently missing is a standard release form for users
to sign granting their permission for their photo to be placed on the
site. Has anyone created a form specifically for the web? Or, are you
using a form created before optical and electronic media existed.

If you do not use a release form, how do you handle getting permission to
place photos of individuals (e.g., staff) on your organization's website.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=