Re: The Kiss of Death

Subject: Re: The Kiss of Death
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 09:35:36 -0700

John Gilger wrote:

> I was recently told by a recruiter (yes I am in the market for work) that
> showing military experience in your resume, even as tech writer, was the
> kiss of death. Management does not want someone "with a military attitude."
>
> Question: Is this the way it is at your company or in your area? or is it
> localized to one city or one recruiter?

I'm appalled at the recruiter's attitude. I have never run into a situation
where having military experience on one's resume got in the way of discussing
qualifications for a job. Frankly, I think you ought to find yourself a
different recruiter - they're a dime a dozen anyway.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=