Re: The Kiss of Death

Subject: Re: The Kiss of Death
From: Scott Miller <smiller -at- PORTAL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 09:39:44 -0700

Well, the opinion on the list so far seems to be that this recruiter is all
wet, but I think there is some truth in the kiss of death theory. Some
people are just extremely adverse to all things military, and might reject
your resume right off the bat. Others, like me, might see it as merely a
strike against. On the other hand, others might view it as a plus, so I
think it's decided at a personal level. It might work against you, but it
might work for you.

- Scott Miller
smiller -at- portal -dot- com

> I was recently told by a recruiter (yes I am in the market for work) that
> showing military experience in your resume, even as tech writer, was the
> kiss of death. Management does not want someone "with a military
> attitude."
>
> Question: Is this the way it is at your company or in your area? or is it
> localized to one city or one recruiter?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=