Re: Screen Capture Placement

Subject: Re: Screen Capture Placement
From: "McGroarty, Lisa" <LMcGroarty -at- CIBER -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 12:30:21 -0600

Barb Ostapina wrote:
>stated that screen
captures should appear after the instruction/text that references
them,
never before. >

Thanks for the new thread to pick up. This one I can handle.

First, most things, even what some folks call "grammar" are really a matter
of style and preference. However, I've never encountered any doc, either as
a TW, an editor, or a user, that had the screen captures after the task
steps. Perhaps the publication made a typo, or you misread what they said. I
can't imagine an instance where a screen capture would come after, unless
you're showing the _result_ of the action. Anyway, just my opinion.

Lisa McGroarty
Sr. Consultant
CIBER Information Systems, reVISIONS Information Design Group
Harrisburg, PA
lmcgroarty -at- ciber -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=