Mentioning Hard Copy Availability

Subject: Mentioning Hard Copy Availability
From: Colleen Adams <colleen_adams -at- MEDISPAN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 22:52:59 -0500

We are getting ready to release a documentation manual online via
PDF; however, we were told by our Marketing Dept. that not all of our
customers have CD-ROMs which means we *will* get requests from
customers for a hard copy.

We will be shipping a hard copy installation guide with the CD and were
wondering:

Would you mention to customers in the installation guide or readme
file that they *can* order a hard copy? Or, do you wait for them to call
with a request? (We are trying to keep from having all customers call
and request the hard copy... our goal [or should I say Exec.
management's goal] for this project is to change the burden of printing to
our customer, not us.)

Bottom line: how much do you "advertise" that you have this available?

We are also planning on charging customers cost + 30% if they want
additional hard copies beyond the first one received...

Thanks for the feedback!
Colleen Adams
External Documentation Manager
First DataBank, Inc.
Indianapolis
colleen_adams -at- firstdatabank -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=