ADMIN: Inappropriate--was An apology from George

Subject: ADMIN: Inappropriate--was An apology from George
From: TECHWR-L Administrator <admin -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 05:38:04 -0700

George Mena isn't open for discussion on the list.
As I've said before, if it's not related to technical
communication, it's not appropriate.

I will suspend posting privileges for 1) anyone
following up on this thread on the list and 2) anyone
forwarding messages to help someone circumvent
the inconvenience of suspended posting privileges.

This forum is for technical communication issues,
period.

If you abuse it, you might, as in this
case, lose your privilege to use it. The poster
in question received repeated warnings (starting in
May 1998) and repeatedly provided assurances of
on-topic and non-offensive postings, each of which
was, in turn, forgotten or disregarded, as evidenced
by each subsequent off-topic or offensive posting.

After a point, excuses cannot substitute for
self-control.

I repeat:
After a point, excuses cannot substitute for
self-control.

I will not be baited, goaded, or bullied, and will
not tolerate any attempts to subvert this forum
into one that is not open and accepting of ALL
individuals who wish to participate according to
the rules of this forum.

Signoff instructions are in the footer of this message.
I'd encourage anyone who isn't comfortable with the
list rules to use them.

I have just suspended posting privileges for those who
participated in opening this clearly off-topic thread. I'll
reinstate them upon their personal assurance to me that this
will not recur.

Back to technical communication...Direct all queries,

Thanks!

Eric

Eric J. Ray TECHWR-L Listowner
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com http://www.raycomm.com/

Syndicated columnist: Rays on Computing
Technology Department Editor, _Technical Communication_
Co-author of _Unix Visual Quickstart Guide_, _Mastering HTML 4_,
_Dummies 101: HTML 4_, _HTML 4 for Dummies Quick Reference_, others.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=