Current Discussion on Rules

Subject: Current Discussion on Rules
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 12:51:34 -0500

Just an added perspective - I currently belong to three lists, each vastly
different:
Winhlp - Totally unmoderated or controlled
FrameUsers - Unmoderated (I think) but controlled
Techwr - Moderated and controlled

Recently, this very dissention came up on the FrameUsers list, with the result
that a new list was started. Now it's confusing and I usually get two copies
of everything due to cross-posting. End result - I am considering unsubbing
from one or both.

Opinion of FrameUsers (old) - great information, unhelpful moderator, lousy
archives. This list is under suspicion of censorship.
Opinion of Framers (new) - so far - mostly same information, helpful
non-moderator person, no archives - Jury still out on this one.

Opinion of Winhlp - Great information, needs active moderator though. Frequent
flaming and name calling and personal attacks. Not for the faint of heart.

Techwr - Great information, helpful moderator, only controlled to stay on topic
and politically correct, great archives.

Honestly folks, Eric (who has chastised me a few times) is doing us a great
service here. I may not always agree with him (I miss George Mena, accept his
apology and want him back), but he has tried to meet our needs. There is the
newsgroup for unmoderated discussion. There is the weekly chats (I keep
missing because I don't know what time that would be in Toronto), and now there
is even room on their webpage for humour since everyone wanted it.

You want to leave? Please do.

Start a new list? Your prerogative (isn't there already techcomm?). Let us
know where it is - some might be interested.

Start a revolt? Please respect my time and do it somewhere else (on your new
list that you are starting perhaps?)

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=