Re: TECHWR-L Rules

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Rules
From: Laura Geele Wang <lgeelew -at- PACBELL -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 09:59:12 -0700

It's interesting that one of the few times I post, I
may be thrown off for breaking the rules (which I
whole-heartedly endorse, BTW).

Eric has my full support in his moderation of this
list (which I have told him privately, but it's time
to say it publicly).

I am annoyed at others who presume speak for me,
especially when I have not been asked my opinion.
Perhaps there are members who find adhering to
rules that require civilized, professional exchange
difficult to stomach. But there are more members
of the list, and I am one of them, who are happy
that Eric works so diligently to maintain the air
of professionalism I've come to expect from this list.

I do not post, mostly because in the past I have not
received civil replies to my postings. If more list
members followed the rules, perhaps more who do
not post (there are over 3000 members out there)
might be inclined to share their ideas with us.
Because of the actions of a few, I feel we are missing
out on valuable information.

So, Eric, keep up the good work and thanks very much
for all you do.

Best regards, Laura

--

Laura Geele Wang; Writing, Editing, Web Pages
650.917.8176; Los Altos, CA (beside the Silicon Valley :-)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=