Re: Moderated and/or Controlled - definitions - please delete if you could care less

Subject: Re: Moderated and/or Controlled - definitions - please delete if you could care less
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 14:57:48 -0600

I'm sorry; I didn't mean to imply you were accusing Eric of censorship.
I think moderation is a good thing too, and I support Eric as much as
you do. However, dictionary definitions aside, this list is not
moderated. "Moderated" has a very specific meaning when it comes to
mailing lists. I think it's important to point that out because many
people *do* have the misconception that Eric reads every post and
decides whether to send it to the entire list, and therefore they send
questionable posts thinking Eric won't let them through if they're not
appropriate (been there, done that, got the t-shirt). This website has a
good description of a moderated list (see the last paragraph):

http://dazed.slacker.com/lists/whatis.html

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=