More affirmation for Eric...

Subject: More affirmation for Eric...
From: Dan Schmitz <djs -at- GENE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 12:52:41 -0800

As an infrequent poster but constant lurker on this list, I have been
helped on more than one occasion with technical challenges using Framemaker
and Word97. The level of technical support here is truly amazing, and much
appreciated. There is also much career-relevant discussion that is valuable
to me.

I often work at home, using a modem to download my email. By subscribing to
this list, as well as to a couple of others, I am subject to anywhere from
50 - 100 emails each day. To have to read through the headings and filter
out the "off-topic" messages gets to be tedious. And the constant replies
to "off-topic" threads just amplifies the problem.

I support Eric's focused approach to maintaining this listserve, and
appreciate his efforts to keep the threads on track. If I want "off-topic"
topics, I can subscribe to Techcomm Listserve UK, where a current thread is
busy weighing the pros and cons of 15yr vs. 30yr mortgages.

Dan Schmitz
Technical Writer
Process & Automation Engineering
Genentech, Inc.