Subject: TECHWR-L in the News
From: Bianca Thomas <bmt -at- ICON -dot- CO -dot- ZA>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 17:32:39 +0200

Hi all

Just thought I'd share the following paragraph of mine that will appear in
an upcoming career publication. Let me know if you have any suggestions/
corrections:

If you have a love of the written word as well as an interest in things
technical, from engineering to computer networks, why not combine the two
and become a technical writer. By far the best paid writers, technical
writers are much in demand these days as companies look for experienced
professionals for the writing of their technical documents. A degree in
technical writing is best, but any communications degree with some
technical experience in your chosen field will do. In-house training is
often available to entry-level applicants. A good source of tech writing
jobs is the technical writers mailing list, techwr-l. To subscribe send a
message to listserv -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu with "subscribe techwr-l" in the
body of the message. Not only does the TECHWR-L list provide regular job
postings to its subscribers, it is also a great source for information and
support. Moderated by tecchie veteran Eric Ray, the list provides valuable
commentary and discussion on issues related to technical writing. If you
are a tech writer or want to be one, the TECHWR-L list is the place to be.
Technical writers can earn up to $60 000/ year.

Thanks,

Bianca Thomas

Bianca Thomas
Freelance Journalist
For clips of my work and an online resume, visit my home page at
http://www.icon.co.za/~bmt/
Email me for more information on my corporate writing services

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=