ADMIN: Alternatives

Subject: ADMIN: Alternatives
From: TECHWR-L Administrator <admin -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 08:22:20 -0700

For those seeking a freewheeling and often but by
no means exclusively technical-writing-oriented forum,
check out techcomm. Instructions follow:

*****
To join, change your settings or leave the list, you send commands to the list processor list -at- user -dot- itconsult -dot- co -dot- uk in the first line of the body of a mail message.
You could send the commands:
JOIN TECHCOMM - this joins you to the list, and you will be sent a copy of each message as it is posted
DIGEST TECHCOMM - this makes you a digest member. You will be sent one message each day, containing all the day's messages
LEAVE TECHCOMM - this makes you an ex-member!
HELP - this sends you a generic help file with instructions about using the list processor
*****

Discussions in the last couple of days have been about
everything from buying a house (15 year vs 30 year
mortgage choices) to technical illustrators
and job opportunities.

The rules, as I understand them, are only that you
may not discuss what's appropriate for the list.

I don't run the list (Iain Harrison does) and have
no connection with the list other than being a member.

In my interpretation, if TECHWR-L is a professional
conference and the discussions include everything
from formal presentations to discussions over coffee
between seminars, techcomm is the bar down the street
to which people retire to relax.

Eric

Eric J. Ray TECHWR-L Listowner
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com http://www.raycomm.com/

Syndicated columnist: Rays on Computing
Technology Department Editor, _Technical Communication_
Co-author of _Unix Visual Quickstart Guide_, _Mastering HTML 4_,
_Dummies 101: HTML 4_, _HTML 4 for Dummies Quick Reference_, others.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=