Word ==> Notes

Subject: Word ==> Notes
From: Heather Ross <Heather -dot- Louise -dot- Ross -at- THEMUTUALGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 13:40:53 -0500

I have a very large documentation project that's currently in Word 97. It's
in three separate files with a total of around 350 pages. One of our
managers has recently decided the documentation would be more accessible
and easily updatable if it were in a Lotus Notes database. I agree -
everyone will have my updates as soon as I make them, and the database will
be searchable so people could easily find what they're looking for. A brand
new database has been created for the project, in a documentation format
(i.e. instead of New Topic, Respond etc., the buttons available are New
Book, New Chapter, New Section).

The problem I'm having is moving the information. The Word files are fully
formatted and are linked with many screen prints. They must remain editable
in Notes, because this information changes frequently. Cut and Paste messes
up all the formatting and removes all the graphics. I could go through and
fix that manually, but with 350+ pages of information...

We also can't just import and imbed the files because they need to be
broken down into manageable, searchable chunks.

I searched the archives and found information about a program called
Lextyle, but we're really wondering if there's any way to do this with what
we already have (plus the company frowns on downloads and we need this
quickly so don't want to order software that may take a while to get here).

Have any of you had experience with this? I'd appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,
Heather

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=