Re: Startup Tips

Subject: Re: Startup Tips
From: Andy Dugas <adugas -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:00:25 -0800

Many a year ago when I first started writing professionally, I used Word 2.
When I upgraded to Word 6, suddenly there were these marvelous tips! Wow
you can FORMAT text using styles!

As someone who learns easily, these tips helped me a great deal, and
introduced features/functions I might not have otherwise researched on my
own,

So for beginning users, my experience says such tips are wonderful.

Andrew Dugas
Navis Corp.

==================================
At 1:59 PM +0000 10/27/98, Newton Jill wrote:

> Is there any evidence about the effectiveness of Startup Tips? By
> Startup Tips, I mean something like the brief tip that appears
> automatically whenever you start Microsoft Word.
>
> Intuitively, I feel that this is a useful feature because it's a way of
> introducing more effective ways of working to users who think that they
> already know how to use a product and who would not, therefore, consult
> the manual or online help again. I've certainly learned useful things
> from Startup Tips myself. However, I would like to have some evidence
> besides my own experience before putting any effort into developing some
> Startup Tips.
>
> Regards,
> Jill Newton

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=