Re: Name, name, who's got a name

Subject: Re: Name, name, who's got a name
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:01:21 -0800

Lorin wrote:
> We have been looking for a name for our Human Resources/Payroll product
> for quite some time now. We have come up with a few names, but nothing
> has really caught our fancy.
>
> Name suggestions would be
> appreciated. As the TW for the company, all eyes seem to be on me for an
> answer to this.

How about: PayTheDude/Man

Me thinks this should be a marketing issue, not a technical writer issue.

As a TW, I document the stuff, not name it.

Many TW (like me) are like Joe Friday - Just the facts.

It would take sleep depravation and massive amounts of caffeine in order to
turn some of the TWs I know into marketers.

I could never see myself jumping onto the conference table screaming:

"PayTheDude/Man - That's the name!!"
"Market Differentiation!"
"Team! Team!"

Let the marketers play the name game. For me, I'll make the name an inline
component so I can easily change it a few dozen times at the marketers whim.

Good luck!

Barry Kieffer

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=