Re: Resume Revision

Subject: Re: Resume Revision
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 08:27:56 -0800

> Laurence Burrows wrote:
>
> >Smart applicants enclose a cover note or the relevant parts of the
> >company lay-off policy letter that authorized them to use the company
> >stationary. This proactive approach tells me that they see the
> >connection between their actions and the consequences...making them
> >the sort of people I want to hire.

This does not always work.

More and more companies are scanning resumes into databases, and than
searching on keywords to find qualified applicants.

Cover letters are separated from the resume, and set aside (very few are
ever read).

In fact, scanned resumes are scanned by HR clerks, and never read.

A resume is a self contained document. There may not ever be supporting
documentation to explain a resume.

Bottom line: Do not use company stationary! For any reason!

Bad Tech Writer!

Go to the local super store and spring for the ten to twenty bucks.

Hey, you are worth it!

Can you honestly tell yourself that your career is not worth a few hundred
dollars overall?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=