Re: A Different Tread about Thread Names

Subject: Re: A Different Tread about Thread Names
From: Guru <guru -at- BOM5 -dot- VSNL -dot- NET -dot- IN>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 23:34:47 +0530

Wayne,

You make a valid point. Eric did try to solve the problem by suggesting
some subjects/headings (e.g. JOB, HELP, etc) and I think this tip comes in
the Signature at times. However, nobody bothers with such headings. I
suggest job/contract posters have a prefix to their subject as:Job or
Contract, the location and details. E.g.

Subject: JOB Guam: Doc Mgr with 7 yrs experience
Subject: Contract Bombay: 3 months -- Accounts User Manual
Subject: SLOVENIA: Job or Freelance, Banking Experience

One more courtesy is to: never put a list address in the CC field. When a
list address is in the CC field, the filter fails to put the list messages
in their separate folders and they all get mixed in the Inbox.

Guru (guru -at- bom5 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in)
Check out TWIN (TechWriters of India) at http://members.tripod.com/~Kamath
TWIN archives at http://www.egroups.com/list/tw-in

Wayne wrote:

>I have been closely following the job posts. You would think this subject
>thread would be uniform, right? Check out these subject line thread names
>over the past month:
>
>Biz: Job opportunity; Chicago IL (Des Plaines, actually)-Job opening;
>Contract position; Contract-to-Hire position; Free-lance Technical Writers;

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=