Re: Callouts on Artwork - Best Method Please?

Subject: Re: Callouts on Artwork - Best Method Please?
From: Emmy Aricioglu <EMMY_ARICIOGLU -at- HP-ROSEVILLE-OM3 -dot- OM -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 16:02:20 -0800

Item Subject: Callouts on Artwork - Best Method Please?
If your book is localized, you may want to avoid incorporating the
callout into the graphic. Often, in other languages, the size of the
callout will grow substantially and may not fit into the size you
allocated for the graphic. We use Frame to create our books, importing
the graphics from a variety of formats, but creating the callouts in
Frame for translation purposes.

Emmy Aricioglu

Subject: Callouts on Artwork - Best Method Please?
Author: Non-HP-ramyshrall (ramyshrall -at- home -dot- com) at HP-Roseville,shargw4
Date: 10/30/98 11:35 PM

I have been wondering for some time what is the best method
to add callouts to label artwork such as screen captures.

I have used Word's labeling features to add callouts to
graphics in the past but I have never before been required to
add callouts to artwork destined for other software (such as
Frame or PageMaker). I would be very curious to know how
others handle this task in their documents.

Thanks in advance,

Richard Myshrall
Technical Writer
Calgary, Alberta, Canada