Re: Hogs

Subject: Re: Hogs
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 10:29:27 -0500

On Tuesday, November 03, 1998 9:37 AM, Claudine M Jalajas
[SMTP:CMJalajas -at- AOL -dot- COM] wrote:
> 1. use Master Doc (say it ain't so)

DON'T USE - it causes so many problems. I no longer use Word, and the Master
Doc feature was what put me over the edge. Everyone is going to tell you this.
You'll have MAJOR problems.

> 2. use many documents seperated by chapter

This is what I used to do. Worked best. It is possible to create a Table of
Contents that looks at many separate documents. Let me know if you want the
instructions and can't find them.

> Also, how do you handle screen shots. I find it's easier to use bmps in Word
> files, but they can get large. How can I get screen shots, keep the size to
> minimum, and have it look good when printed?

I used to just cut and paste and use the Word picture editor to crop, lighten,
adjust, etc. Worked really well. I have heard that when you "link" a graphic
to Word, there can be serious problems with the links becoming broken. I would
avoid doing that.

> Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

I only switched to FrameMaker recently, and I still do a bit of work for a
previous client in Word.

Hope this helps - remember DO NOT USE MASTER DOCS!!!

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com
DISCLAIMER:
Any opinions expressed are MY opinions.
Feel free to have your own.
Let's agree to disagree