Re: User interface elements as a section itself in manuals

Subject: Re: User interface elements as a section itself in manuals
From: Dan Roberts <DRoberts -at- ISOGON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 13:15:43 -0500

------ =_NextPart_001_01BE07F5.3A7D6170

Probably depends on how well the tasks guide the user through the job,
and informs them of the results of their decisions. Often, when using a
product new to me, I start trying to perform a task and think "now, do I
want to select value A or value B here? I have no clue" then turn to
What's This help or any online help for more guidance.

Unfortunately, sometimes the Help is less than helpful, telling me only
to specify a value for the field, or to specify X, Y, or Z for the
field. Well, duh!, I got it figured out *that* far myself! <g>

So, I don't think I'd completely remove the information, before checking
to see if there's any juicy bits in there that could help the user.

Dan Roberts
droberts -at- isogon -dot- com