Thanks for the help, and another question...

Subject: Thanks for the help, and another question...
From: Dan Schmitz <djs -at- GENE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 17:50:05 -0800

Thanks to all who answered my post about Word97 list auto-numbering
problems and work-arounds. I think I received several different solutions,
and the ones I tried seem to work. I also ordered "Word97 Annoyances" by
O'reilly Press at the suggestion of several posters, as it is supposed to
discuss many Word bugs and solutions.

I'm asking this next question because I can't find the answer in Word's
on-line index of help topics.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to automatically show a "Continued"
text message in the header of a table that breaks across a page? I am using
the "Heading" table option to repeat the headings of long tables on
following pages, but "Continued" should obviously not appear in the first
occurrence of the heading, and you can't enter text in repeating headings.

FrameMaker includes this feature by letting you place a variable in a
repeating table heading that only appears when the heading breaks across a
page. I'm wondering if Word has a similar feature.

Thanks again in advance!

Dan Schmitz
Technical Writer
Process & Automation Engineering