ANON: CHAT: How times have changed (reply)

Subject: ANON: CHAT: How times have changed (reply)
From: "Jessica N. Lange" <jlange -at- OEE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 07:51:12 -0500

Anonymous said:
"It's like my boss was telling me that tech writers aren't as good as
software developers."

I know how frustrating that feels like, but do consider that the product of
the developers is sold for cold cash. Our product is (usually) provided free
with the product. Even when documentation is sold separately from the
product, I doubt it is the profit center that sw development is. Anon's
boss's attitude is understandable. But do remember s/he DID hire _technical
writers_, not secretaries to type the engineers' notes!

Jessica N. Lange                             jlange -at- oee -dot- com
Technical Communicator, Ohio Electronic Engravers, Inc.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000