Re: Word Graphics on the Intranet

Subject: Re: Word Graphics on the Intranet
From: Barbara Karst-Sabin <barbara -at- QUOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:49:06 -0800

You don't need to recapture them. Just select the graphic, copy and
then paste into Photoshop or something similar. Then save that as a
jpeg or gif, but save it to the same folder* as the Word document.
These graphics are much smaller than bitmaps, so that's always a good
thing.

If it's going to be on an intranet, you definitely don't need the
graphics to actually be a part of the document. When you put the
graphic back in (Insert > picture > from file), be sure the Link to File
box is checked. That way, as long as the Word document and the graphic
files always stay in the same folder, even on the intranet, they'll
always appear as part of the document.

*It doesn't have to be in the same folder as the Word document, but
wherever you put the graphics (in a "images" folder within the document
folder?), they must remain in that same relationship when you put them
on your intranet. Sorry if I'm telling you something you already know.

BJ

Nurre, Vickie wrote:

> I have Word documents with screen shots that were originally either BMP or
> JPEG. We want to start putting this documentation on an Intranet site. I
> understand that graphics need to be either JPEG or GIF formats for the
> Intranet/Internet.
>
> Can anyone confirm the following:
>
> 1) Is there anyway in Word to determine whether the graphic was originally a
> BMP or JPEG graphic?
> 2) That in fact, I will need to recapture my screen shots as a JPEG or GIF
> graphic. Or will it matter that some of the graphics were originally a BMP
> format?
>
> Thanks for any advice or help you can give me.
>
> Vickie, vnurre -at- aegonusa -dot- com
>
> From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=