Re: Word Graphics on the Intranet

Subject: Re: Word Graphics on the Intranet
From: Mary McWilliams Johnson <mary -at- SUPERCONNECT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 11:31:47 -0600

If you have Word97, your answer is simple. Just "save as HTML." Word will
automatically convert all graphics to GIF. It does a pretty good job of it,
too.

If your screen shots include a lot of text, I'm not sure how good the GIFs
will turn out, but it's sure worth a try. If that doesn't work, contact me
offline and I'll work with you on it.

Cordially, Mary McWilliams Johnson
McJohnson Communications
Documentation / Web Site Design, Development and Graphics
www.superconnect.com
------------------------------º><º------------------------------
"The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living
at doing what they most enjoy." ~ Malcomb S. Forbes
------------------------------º><º------------------------------

At 09:41 AM 11/18/98 -0600, Nurre, Vickie wrote:
>I have Word documents with screen shots that were originally either BMP or
>JPEG. We want to start putting this documentation on an Intranet site. I
>understand that graphics need to be either JPEG or GIF formats for the
>Intranet/Internet.
>
>Can anyone confirm the following:
>
>1) Is there anyway in Word to determine whether the graphic was originally a
>BMP or JPEG graphic?
>2) That in fact, I will need to recapture my screen shots as a JPEG or GIF
>graphic. Or will it matter that some of the graphics were originally a BMP
>format?
>
>Thanks for any advice or help you can give me.
>
>Vickie, vnurre -at- aegonusa -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000