Re: Word 97 Pin-Ball Game (easter egg)

Subject: Re: Word 97 Pin-Ball Game (easter egg)
From: Denise Lystad <lystad -at- LYNDEN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 15:14:16 -0800

Hills, Byron wrote:

> For those of you that havn't seen this...
> There is a pin-ball game built into MS Word97 (not sure if you need
> SR-1)
> <snip>

With Eric's permission in hand, I would like to post a warning about this
particular Easter egg. A member of our Helpdesk tried to run it and it trashed
her monitor. Rebooting didn't help her. It took her over an hour of
reconfiguring her screen to get it back to normal. Another person who tried it
had her system lock up, requiring a reboot. Caveat emptor.

Also, I think Eric agreed that this subject was off-topic since he requested
that no more messages be posted about it.

My two cents' worth.

Denise Lystad
Lynden Incorporated
Seattle, WA