Re: FW: Front Page

Subject: Re: FW: Front Page
From: Denise Lystad <lystad -at- LYNDEN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 12:46:55 -0800

Steven J. Owens wrote:

> > I use FrontPage for my web sites, and I can attest to the fact that
> > FrontPage does indeed add certain HTML tags that are a nuisance. I
> > don't know if you can edit FrontPage HTML pages in other authoring
> > programs,
>
> Only at grave risk to your sanity :-).

Another interesting possibility is to "break apart" Front Page. We use the web
management capabilities of Front Page Explorer (which we like) but a different
editor than Front Page Editor. A lot of HTML editors will work with Front Page
Explorer. To specify a different editor, in Front Page Explorer select Tools,
Options, then click on the Configure Editors tab. Now when I double click on a
web page in Front Page Explorer, it comes up in Arachnophilia which produces
clean HTML, is easy to use and is free. Can't ask for much more than that.

Denise Lystad
Lynden Incorporated
Seattle, WA

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=