Re: CD-R Question

Subject: Re: CD-R Question
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ML -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 15:52:20 -0800

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998 14:51:02 -0600, Robbie Rupel wrote:

>I would like to get recommendations (good and bad) on what is available
>out there. If your company currently has an in-house CD-R duplication
>system, could you please contact me off-line? I have a couple of
>questions to ask.

I've been very happy with my Plextor CD-R (SCSI 4X write/12X read). It has
several nice and/or "extra" features, including additional buffering compared
to similarly-priced competitors.

Most people I've talked to who also have Pextor drives are ecstatically happy
with them. One made a very good point: if Sony makes a cruddy CD-R drive, it
won't hurt them much in the grand scheme of their company; for a company like
Plextor that exists only because of their CD products, producing crap is not
an option.

I'd suggest looking into Plextor's product line...

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

Master of puppets, I'm pulling your strings
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams
Blinded by me, you can't see a thing
Just call my name 'cause I'll hear you scream...
MASTER! MASTER!
-Metallica, "Master of Puppets"

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=