Re: Technical name for the #?

Subject: Re: Technical name for the #?
From: "Molly M. Theodossy" <mmtheodossy -at- UCDAVIS -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 16:04:59 -0800

In the style manuals I have, this symbol is defined as both number and
pound (in reference to weight, not currency) I agree that to use a term
such as octothorpe does little to clarify what you are referring to.
Whatever you choose to call this symbol, define it early in your manual and
include it in your glossary.

Molly M. Theodossy
Technology Trainer/Technical Writer
mmtheodossy -at- ucdavis -dot- edu