DemoShield

Subject: DemoShield
From: Tracey Moore <traceym -at- APPLIEDMAPPING -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 09:34:42 -0500

A while back I posted for information on DemoShield training or books. Several people asked that I respond once I found my answer.

I'm sad to report that I found little help out there. I have not located a single book on DemoShield, and no one in the state of Florida (from what I could gather) trains in DemoShield. I have contacted DemoShield several times, a company that is not very easy to reach--they don't return your calls or emails until you follow up with complaints about their service (that's been my experience)--then they're soooo nice.

The final analysis is that yes, they know their Getting Started guide doesn't really help you get started. The DemoShield disk has more manuals in .pdf format. Still, I've found nothing in their documentation like the Quick Tours in RoboHelp's manual, which is what I'm looking for.

DemoShield's response was "the program has wizards that do everything for you." Okay, so I'm stupid. What's new?

DemoShield holds training classes in San Francisco and Chicago. They cost $345 for a two-day class, plus travel.

They also have a consulting group that you can hire on an hourly basis. This is what we're doing--it'll be more expensive than the training classes, but this way we get to work on demos for our products and not sample demos designed for the training class.

So there it is. I hope this helps someone out there.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000