Re: Convert Ami Pro to Word 97

Subject: Re: Convert Ami Pro to Word 97
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 13:53:02 -0600

In our previous episode, John Fleming said:
> >Does anyone know of a tool to convert AmiPro files to Word 97?
>
> I have a ton of stuff kicking around in Ami Pro 3.0, and I've found I can't
> bring it over to Word 97 either.
>
> I've tried a few tricks to do it, like saving the files to WordPerfect 5.1,
> which Word 97 does read. I've tried saving to text, but I lose a lot of the
> neat Ami Pro formatting, like frames.

Call Microsoft disk orders at 800/360-7561. A few years ago I had a
similar problem (made particularly annoying by the fact that Ami
could save to RTF, but I couldn't open those RTF files in Word), and
they sent me a free conversion disk for importing Ami Pro files. That
solved essentially all my problems.

That was Word 6.0, but I bet they have a current version of the disk
-- and if not, conversion from Ami to Word 6.0 would probably do the
trick in any case.

The converter might be on the Microsoft Web site, too.

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"If you can forgive your parents and forgive the Cubs, you can save
about $25,000 in therapy."
-- Steve Goodman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=