Query: linking text in Word Docs in Source Safe

Subject: Query: linking text in Word Docs in Source Safe
From: "Porrello, Leonard" <lcporrel -at- ESSVOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 14:48:00 -0600

Hi, All.

I am trying to get text to link from one Word document to another
and update automatically.

Here is the situation:
I have two Word documents stored in Visual Source Safe--
document X and document Y.

Here is what I need to do:
I need text in document X inserted and linked in document Y
so that when I update document X, document Y is updated
automatically. The rub is in two places. First is to get the update
to occur automatically. Second is to get the update to occur
even though the documents are in Visual SourceSafe.

Please, oh please send me a note if you know how to do this.

Thanks in advance!

Leonard Porrello
Engineering Scribe
ES&S, Omaha