why I want to Tech Write

Subject: why I want to Tech Write
From: Emily Davidson <emilyfisher -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 14:30:54 -0800

On the question of why we do this, a lot of the replies seem to be
that people kind of wander into this field. I thought you might be
interested in what makes Tech writing my field of choice. I'm about
to graduate and have chosen to want to work in this field. Here's why:

1. I love writing
2. I know that you can't eat by writing fiction
3. I hate academia (no offense meant) because I see it as pompous and
useless
4. I wouldn't be willing to work under the conditions journalists work
under (tried that, took the classes, but...)
5. Looked into tech writing, took the classes, loved it! (it
practical, my existence might mean something to the population at large)
6. I love technology and computers
7. Lots of opportunity in this field right now (at least, that's the
buzz)
8. Contracting could give me the chance to work from home (if I decide
I want to)

I think that about covers it all briefly.

Emily

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=