Re: Word: ghost sections - Answer

Subject: Re: Word: ghost sections - Answer
From: Roy Anderson <royanderson -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 14:02:10 -0500

Feature. Thankfully, after SMEs review my efforts, I am allowed to
"accept all revisions" and rid documents of revision trash. Can you
tell that I hate revision tracking? Revision tracking causes too much
baggage to suit me, especially if one adds/changes many BMPs over a
document's lifetime. By accepting all revisions and saving a document
via "Save as", I've reduced some large online help source files from
7-9 megabytes to one meg or less. Works for me, especially in a
telecommuting world where a large file's size adds up to outrageous
transmission times.

John Cornellier wrote:

> Responding to my own post.... Eureka. It's a particularly dastardly one:
>
> _Apparently_ if while you have Tools/Revisions/mark revisions "on" but show
> revisions on screen "off" you delete a section, then the section disappears
> (visually) but still is active. Phew.
>
> Bug or feature?
>
> John Cornellier
> tech writer, Paris