HTML & CSS

Subject: HTML & CSS
From: John Cornellier <cornelli -at- CLAMART -dot- SRPC -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 14:47:17 +0100

To Those Who View the Source:

I'm looking for URLs showing good CSS implementations. There doesn't seem to
be a lot about -- nearly all text formatting is still inline "deprecated"
(w3c's term) HTML.

I see a lot of scripting, so it's not that I'm looking at particularly at
non-techie sites.

Isn't CSS an idea whose time has come? Good DTP uses styles, and not
character formatting, right?

If it isn't being implemented, why not? Because it's too easy to create
template docs in the HTML generator tools? Lack of support for CSS in HTML
editors? People aren't willing to invest the time in the long-term benefits
of CSS in a fast-changing environment? Has anyone considered CSS and opted
not to implement?

John Cornellier
PS: I had to look it up, and Merriam Webster has "deprecate vt 1 a archaic :
to pray against (as an evil)"

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=