CSS positioning, HTML help

Subject: CSS positioning, HTML help
From: John Cornellier <cornelli -at- CLAMART -dot- SRPC -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 14:17:50 +0100

I had a look around the URLs Eric suggested. So much for that idea.
With the partial - and what's worse - different implementations across
browsers, it doesn't look as if the CSS game's worth the candle. I'm
designing primarily for an intranet where the corporate standard is Netscape
4.0 (though some deviants use IE), but even so, better give it a miss.

Most of the implementation problems identified had to do with text / page
formatting. I didn't see too many complaints about positioning, and I have
seen some positioning being used effectively. I wonder if this is worth
implementing? Tables are so kludgy.

Also, I was hoping to apply my newfound CSS skills to HTML help projects.
To what extent does HTML Help implement CSS as defined by W3C? (Time to
resubscribe to WinHelp-L?)

John Cornellier

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=