Re: PageMaker books

Subject: Re: PageMaker books
From: Barry Campbell <barry -at- WEBVERANDA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 11:07:13 -0500

At 04:32 AM 12/8/98 -0700, Vince Caplan writes:

>I'd appreciate recommendations on a good book or
>two to read/follow while learning PageMaker.

Alspach, Ted. "Visual Quickstart Guide to PageMaker
for Windows 6.5." Peachpit Press, Berkeley, CA, 1997.
ISBN: 0-201-69650-9

(A version of this title is also available for Mac users.)

Alspach's slim, well-designed volume offers plenty of real-
world examples, is written in a brisk and professional style,
and teaches PageMaker concepts and tasks with short, step-
by-step descriptions supported by clearly labelled screen
shots. You can work straight through the book from front
to back, or just read the first few chapters to learn the
basics and then use the book as a reference.

Forget the two-inch-thick, PageMakerBibleUnleashedCD-ROMIncluded
nonsense; work through the examples in the Quickstart Guide, and
you'll understand PageMaker.

--
Barry Campbell | barry -at- webveranda -dot- com
Web Architect | (list/personal mail)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=