Re: Highly Deletable Subjects

Subject: Re: Highly Deletable Subjects
From: Doug Nickerson <Doug_Nickerson -at- ONSETCOMP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 14:21:05 -0500

JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM,Internet writes:
>I don't know if it actually matters to most people who post if anyone
>actually
>reads their posts, but given the volume of posts on this list and the
>number
>of subjects which reoccur like El Nino, I'm sure I'm not the only one who
>deletes a large number unread. Perhaps it would be useful for some of us
>let people know which subjects die an unread death in our own particular
>cosmoses (cosmii?).
>
>In my case, pride of place to deletees goes to posts with the following
>in the
>subject line:
>
>- Certification, degrees, etc.
>- Grammatical queries
>- Jobs in unrelated (to me) cities
>- Converting X to Y [unless it's, miraculously, a combination previously
>undiscussed]
>- Framemaker vs. Word
>- breaking into technical writing
>- nothing

One man's (woman's) ceiling is another man's floor. Since I'm a primarily
a programmer, I
find posts about programming less interesting than grammatical queries.
And, I find posts of this sort offensive.

Doug Nickerson
Bourne, MA.
Programmer/author/person/professional
doug_nickerson -at- onsetcomp -dot- com