Undeletable Subjects (was: Highly Deletable Subjects)

Subject: Undeletable Subjects (was: Highly Deletable Subjects)
From: Doug Nickerson <Doug_Nickerson -at- ONSETCOMP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 16:52:34 -0500

Scott wrote:
>I interpreted this as "If you use these subjects, many people will delete
>your message without reading it. Therefore, if you want to discuss any of
>these subjects, always include an intriguing topic in the subject line,
one
>that has wide interest, for example, 1960's highlife music from Ghana.

>Examples:

>* Cardinal Rex Lawson or Tech writing degrees
>* Frame, Word, and the Ramblers horn section
>* Job opening in Atlanta, where E. T. Mensah probably didn't visit

>- Scott M

I really didn't want to come off as an arse toward Jim--I always enjoy his
posts in fact. And, it *is* in fact interesting what Jim, or others on the
list, find interesting. Sure, some of your topics might be interesting to
me, some not.

I just wasn't sure what purpose a 'survey' of what topics people
find deletable would serve. As some have noted, it seems to be one step
away from "don't bother to post on such and such a topic because people
will probably ignore it."

But, for all that, the concept of being deletable is an interesting one.
What if it were reversed: what topics would you find absolutely
undeletable?

"Them That Cannot Be Deleted!"

If we could establish *that* we could please all the people all the time
:-).

(BTW, I like to delete FrameMaker stuff lately, because I don't own
FrameMaker. But someday
I might--so I hope people continue to talk about it...)

Doug Nickerson
Bourne, MA.
doug_nickerson -at- onsetcomp -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=