Re: SATIRE: Degrees

Subject: Re: SATIRE: Degrees
From: Robert Bennett <RBENNETT -at- TECHDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 08:49:44 -0500

Andrew,

I suspect that your Associate's degree in HVAC is not entirely
satirical. The truth you tell in jest is that, to do this work well,
one must enjoy knowing and explaining how things work. Similar
education and experience appear on my resume:

Three gold stars from Margaret McTaggart's high school torture session
in sentence diagramming (trees are for sissies).

SBC (Smile of Benevolent Condescension) from Prof. George Dulk's
Institute of Freshman Astronomy and Cosmology. The cosmology is key
here; it teaches one early-on that absolutely nothing matters, is
matter, or will be matter for long. (I always figured that Carl Sagan
was the ultimate technical writer on the ultimate assignment...)

Certificate from the Hard Knocks School of Block-Cave Molybdenum Mining
with focus on timed blasting and muck-hauling.

Successful completion of the Howard Chappel Correspondence School in
Wooden Boat Building and Restoration, major in Lofting.

CWT (Cussing and Wrench-Throwing) certificate in marine diesel
mechanics.

I suppose one could perform adequately without this kind of background,
but it takes complete soul-level immersion to make an art of it!

Go ahead, hospitalize me. Just let me bring my laptop.

Bob

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=