MS loses market share to publishers - why?

Subject: MS loses market share to publishers - why?
From: "Geoff Hart (by way of \"Eric J. Ray\" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>)" <ght -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 03:10:33 -0700

John Cornellier wondered <<why does Microsoft not try to take a
bigger share of the tech doc market?>>

<Fe> Scary thought. Then we'd have books that crash and have to be
rebooted at least daily (generally more often), that aren't ready for
prime-time use until the third version, and that have to be updated by
downloading them from Microsoft's Web site in PDF format <stitch> and
printed on our desktop printers; worse yet, we might actually have to
buy third-party books on how to use Microsoft's books. On the plus
side, this would have positive side effects on Apple's market share in
the publishing market... </Fe>
--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"Patience comes to those who wait."--Anon.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=