Usability testing of printed products?

Subject: Usability testing of printed products?
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 09:58:55 -0600

Has anyone done usability testing of their printed products? The
publications we want to test are *stand-alone* products, not hardware or
software documentation -- they are instructional materials that do not
accompany, or teach one how to use, any other particular product. They
are developed for courses that can take months or even years to
complete. We have done field testing of some publications to gather
comments from instructors, and we have SMEs validate the content and
assist with the design. But we want to develop a more formal kind of
test with input from instructors *and* students. I'm clueless, and all
the resources I can find focus on testing software and hardware. Any
ideas, suggestions, resources, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=