Re: Frame + dissing the novice

Subject: Re: Frame + dissing the novice
From: Linda Hughes <lhughes -at- NOVAMETRIX -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 16:32:41 -0500

The Spell-check error message I encountered was a Frame 5.5 bug. I
*have* read the Readme.txt file before, but didn't recall seeing this
error message addressed. Thanks to Jim Prince, Laura Varteressian and
Gen Whitt for the answer.

My apologies to the list for the "novice" question. I'm assuming that
Eric's message "Sorry State of the Art" was, at least in part, directed
at me. Yup, I'm a newbie. Perhaps I should've outlined the half-dozen
ways I attempted to repair these files and the sources I checked,
including 200+ archived techwr-l entries, *before* bothering the list,
but that just compounded that fact that (even in my eyes) I was asking a
very simple question and perhaps wasting more of someone's valuable
time.

Now that I've finished groveling, let me put on my asbestos suit for a
moment. Eric--and others on the list--are often guilty of assuming that
all tech writers are involved with software and online help systems and,
by association, are high-end computer users. My first love is hardware.
That the hardware generally runs software is incidental. If you want
manuals that cover improving processes on a 50-ton Minster press,
high-capacity industrial conveyor systems and servicing electronic
components, I'm your man (er, woman).

No, I don't know a .dll from a .ini, but to each her own, h'm? I'm
learning as much as I can, as fast as I can, in part by following this
list. I only hope that someday I can return the favor to other list
members.

Linda Hughes
Novametrix Medical Systems

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=