Frame Spell-check Problem

Subject: Frame Spell-check Problem
From: Linda Hughes <lhughes -at- NOVAMETRIX -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 17:20:46 -0500

Hi all -

I'm having a problem with the spell-check function in Frame 5.5
that I haven't seen before and can't seem to get rid of.

It's probably a corrupted file, or <ick> a virus, but on the
off-chance that I simply have something set wrong, I was hoping someone
had seen this before.

Scenario:
Sometimes spell-check works for a few words (or not at all),
then freezes up. A dialog box appears with the error message:

"Cannot open the hyphenation and spell-checking data files.

FrameMaker will continue without them, but hyphenation and
spell-checking will be disabled. Try restarting FrameMaker. Make sure
that you have access to fminit/langdir."

Clicking on the provided <OK> button will not close this dialog
box. After much banging and smacking of the Esc or Enter keys, it does
eventually clear, however. Restarting Frame as suggested or even
rebooting does nothing.

Any suggestions? Please reply directly as I'm on digest. TIA,

Linda Hughes
Novametrix Medical Systems

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=