Information Mapping

Subject: Information Mapping
From: Charmaine Brandon <CBRANDON -at- HIBERNIABANK -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 11:33:29 -0600

Happy 1999 Techwr-lers!

I have not been able to access the search page for the TECHWR-L archives, so please forgive me for asking a question that may have been covered recently.

Many of those who have posted on the Information Mapping (R) discussion thread seem to feel that, while the concepts are valid, the seminar itself is not worth the price. I am wondering, have any of the people who have responded thus far actually taken the seminar? I recently requested some info from the company, and I was impressed by their statistics:

83% decrease in first draft development time
75% decrease in document revision time
54% decrease in errors, etc.

The material did not specify if these statistics came from clients who had previous experience in writing/came from writing backgrounds.

If anyone out there has taken any of the seminars (particularly the Developing Procedures, Policies & Documentation seminar), I'd be interested in hearing your opinions/feedback on how it has helped your job performance. Does it really live up to its promises? Please respond offline to the address below, I'll summarize to the list if there's interest.

TIA,

Charmaine
cbrandon -at- hiberniabank -dot- com
www.hiberniabank.com

My opinions are my own, and do not reflect the opinions of Hibernia Corporation.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=