Re[2]: Re. chat: Y2k clarification

Subject: Re[2]: Re. chat: Y2k clarification
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 14:18:31 -0600

Marsha Kamish quoted someone else as having observed that <<...if any
appliances in your house balk when we hit the year 2000, just reset
the date to 1980. That seems to be the year that Bill Gates or maybe
someone else in computer history used as a basis for calculating
years.>>

1972 is the year. It's 28 years back from 2000, so the days of the week and
the leap year status will all work out perfectly.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=